Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Breaking the 100lbs. barrier!

Yesterday I went back to class to weigh in. It's finally happened. So far I've lost 101.5 lbs. in 12 weeks. Pretty cool. I have to thank my friends and family that have supported me in my weight loss efforts. While some of them have slipped, and sometimes still do and say unsupportive things, I know that none of them are against me.

As Americans we are conditioned to become overweight. TV, is loaded with ads for food that is just plain ol' bad for you. Companies lie about the 'healthliness' of their products, and restaurants are MOST concerned with serving what tastes best over what you should really eat. Even the portion sizes and pricing of food available in America promote over eating, with deals to be had for increasing the amount of food, particularly the least healthful parts.

I'm getting to be as bad as an ex-smoker. Ex-smokers can't fucking stand it when someone else smokes and likes doing it. I see people make horrible food choices and think to myself, "damn fool!" Sometimes I say a word or two about what they're doing and I feel like a shithead but come on. Here I am, MORBIDLY obese and unable to eat anything on the menu you're choosing from. And when your food arrives with it's absurdly portioned servings of very high calorie foods, sometimes I can't help myself from saying things like. "On your plate right now.. is like 4400 calories. That's more than a person like you should eat all day. And this is just one meal!"

And it's getting worse... I foresee myself becoming a 'Fast-Food Nazi.' If you super size that order, I'll bust your knee-caps. Guess I better be more careful.