Monday, May 03, 2004

Feeling the HEAT

There is no real good solution to heat that comes and goes. If it was there all the time, you could better justify the costs of central air. If hot weather is rare, you find it a nice relief to have some warmer weather.

Now don't get the wrong idea, we have unmistakably awesome weather here, I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else, but it does get and stay hot from time to time and occasionally extreme. The cold never really reaches us here and even hail is a "once every few years" type of thing. I wonder if the amount of great weather makes days that are... less than perfect, seem more intense. Hmm then again, I'd rather have 3 days of 93° than 3 months.

I've said it before. I can much better take the rare cold snaps than the rare heat waves. If it's cold, you cover up, go inside, light a fire in the fire place, get out of the wind, whatever. If it's hot. There's not much you can do but get naked ( WOO ) and stick near a fan.

It was 80° at 11:30pm in my house last night. It's warm again today and I've been fielding phone calls from the 9 secret holders. Everyone is pleased and relieved that things have gone well. Most are commending me on my efforts, and well, I have a problem with that. I didn't make this happen and true credit should be saved for those that deserve it. I didn't work harder than anyone else did. My sweat isn't more valuable or my physical pain any more overwhelming. I did work hard and so did everyone else. The motivation in love and the willingness to work are marks everyone of us can secretly wear with pride. [ what? ]