Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A new landmark

I have reached 250lbs lost in the program, that's 300 down from my highest weight. Almost exactly a year after starting the program. That works out to about 0.7 lbs lost per day over an entire year... think about it. Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Valentines, Birthdays, LAN Parties and still losing weight.

I get asked all the time what my goal weight is. Hard to know. I started the program with the goal of not being dead. Well that mission has been accomplished. I have also been considering what can be done with the excess skin that I have. A classmate told me that the local burn center may provide reduced or free removal if they need the skin. Something I have yet to look into. I wonder what the skin itself weighs? Also nearly impossible to measure. I think I will shoot for 210lbs. Which is at the maximum end of the Normal body weight range according to BMI.