Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Firefox Extension to Automatically Update Adblock

A new extension for automatic updating of Adblock is now available in beta. It automatically updates rules using the Filterset.G filter and unlike an earlier extension, is sanctioned by the Filterset.G author.


What a GREAT idea. I wanted to see this done for some time. This will be going on my thumb-drive and used on all client computers from here on out. I am worried a bit about the effect it's going to have on this blokes server. Thousands of people are going to start using the extension and as I understand it, each time someone using it starts an instance of Firefox, this thing is going to check for a Filterset.G update. I hope they've included some more inteligent update method or Filterset.G may be a thing of the past just in bandwidth costs.

read more | digg story